Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

My Relationship with Books

"You lose a lot of time, hating people." ~Marian Anderson

My relation with books has been complicated. I find the majority of books we pick up in class are written by very amateur authors. The reason why I chose the quote above is because I tend to leave behind books I dislike. I always end up having to read it at the last moment but you end up realizing that you should have read it to get it over with in the beginning. Although I do read a wide array of books spanning from magazines, newspapers, to reference books.

1 comment:

  1. After reading your first post, I am interested to know what you believe to be the qualities of an amateur writer, and what kinds of books you do like to read. Maybe the complicated relationship can be made less complicated by being thoughtful about the books you choose and exploring deeply the forms of writing or subject matter you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete